The Board members of the CLC and the National Legal Society of which the CLC is an affiliate, all agree to statement of faith below.
Trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior, I believe in:
1. One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
3. The Deity of our Lord, Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, conceived of the Holy
Spirit, born of the virgin Mary; His vicarious death for our sins through
which we receive eternal life; His bodily resurrection and personal return.
4. The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
5. The Bible as the inspired Word of God
Some people may wonder if it means our clients have to share this faith in order to be helped. Absolutely not. The CLC believes all persons deserve access to justice and deserve to be treated with dignity, regardless of their faith. We believe in addressing all needs that a person has, so we may offer prayer and spiritual guidance to persons as appropriate, but all persons are welcome to decline this offer. Additionally, we welcome persons of other faiths (or who do not identify with a faith) to volunteer with us or otherwise collaborate with us on projects. Anyone who believes in the essence of our guiding principles is welcome to apply to volunteer or be a collaborating community partner.